Pages

Come Visit the new site!

The time has come for me to blend my photography with my love for blogging and create a place for families to come and hang out or get their very own family photo session.

www.rubyellenphotography.com

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Good ain't always pretty. . Taco Tuesday

Pin It
Do you have any recipes that you just LOVE but when you go to take pictures of the the ingredients and final product there is just no way to make it look pretty? Well, this is the blog post that does just that. I have an old favorite that I grew up with coupled with a husband who introduced me to Taco Johns and here you have it- Taco Tuesday at home!

Ingredients:
Tortilla Ingredients:
4 cups Flour
2 teaspoons Salt
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 cup Shortening or lard
1 1/2 cups Warm Water

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients together.

Cut in shortening with a fork until flour and shortening create little flakes/balls.

Add the warm water.

Then turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
"Thank you honey for taking the picture!"

Divide into 15 balls.
Dough will be slightly sticky.

Lightly flour dough ball and smooth into flattened ball. Cover and let set for 10 minutes. Preheat griddle to 375 degrees.

Roll out as thin as possible.

Place on griddle and let set until small bubbles begin to form then flip and let set until it puffs up a bit. Remove from griddle and place in a dish with a lid to keep warm and soft.

Brown 1 pound of ground beef and season with taco seasoning packet.

Deep fry Golden Crispy round potatoes. Sprinkle with seasoning salt as soon as they come out of the fryer.

Warm nacho cheese.

Make your delicious homemade "taco john taco"!

Frugal Antics

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, give me some please!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so delicious...glad they spoke to you! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doesn't look so awful. I know what you mean. I made a pledge to never post a picture of something "delicious" if it looks like grossness. Just doesn't work. But those look really good.:) I'm a new follower from Hop around the world.:)
    http://everydaygameplan.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you think it looks good! I had a heck of a time with lighting but ended up being semi-satisfied. Thanks for the follow and I was excited to browse your site as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made your own tortillas??? WOW! I bet those are so much better than what I buy. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing! YUMMMMMMM

    Thank you for sharing!

    (Stopping by from FTLOB - CLS)

    ReplyDelete