Pages

Come Visit the new site!

The time has come for me to blend my photography with my love for blogging and create a place for families to come and hang out or get their very own family photo session.

www.rubyellenphotography.com

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Losing Weight During the Holidays

Pin It
Source: Pinterest

In case you hadn't noticed I have been slacking on my blogging this week. Reason being that I have began a new weight loss goal that has required much of my time and attention. After losing over 65 pounds in the last year I have started to notice that the last 5 pounds, then almost 10 pounds have creeped back on. Panic mode! I decided that before I went crazy this holiday season with baking those holiday goodies and gaining another 5 pounds that I would begin a weight loss goal instead.

To get started I found these great sites through Pinterest that I have pinned on my "Healthy" board.

The articles emphasized  the importance of
  1. Cutting out Soda
  2. Don't eat after 7:00pm
  3. Eat 5 smaller meals throughout the day
  4. Log everything that you eat
  5. Exercise, A LOT
  6. Eat Sugar and White bread in Moderation.
I took all of this to heart and had a great week. I have not had a soda since Sunday. I exercised Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I have logged everything I've ate since Wednesday on Sparkpeople. I have only eaten a couple of days after  7 pm and then I have only eaten healthy snacks. I cut out all of my candy that I was eating at work and replaced with fruits. I already feel a thousand times better and can't wait to see the final results.

My Goal is to loose 25 pounds by my 30th birthday in January, going from 155 to 130. That means I need to lose 25 pounds in 8 weeks. I totally understand when you think that I may be crazy but I have researched online for the safe and healthy ways to do this. They all say that you need to cut out at least 500 calories a day. I have also used the Sparkpeople guidelines for calories to eat in a day and have decided to stay at the lower end of the range of 1200-1500 calories a day. The workouts are also key to losing weight fast. I have put Pinterest to use once again when helping me with my workouts. I have found some great workouts on Pinterest and have pinned them to my "Workout Log" board using that as my place to keep track of my workouts. Each day when I do a workout I just use the comment form to log in my workouts.

Week #1 weigh in's:
11-30-11: 154
12-2-11: 151
Hopefully you can all keep me accountable and join in the fun if you want! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment