Pages

Come Visit the new site!

The time has come for me to blend my photography with my love for blogging and create a place for families to come and hang out or get their very own family photo session.

www.rubyellenphotography.com

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Blueberry Bliss

Pin It

I've had the pleasure getting to know a gentleman by the name of David over the years while cashiering at a local grocery store. He's one of those men who has an obvious charm about him. Always sporting an orange tie, never the same one two days in a row, with a sharp suit. Usually a cigar in tow made handsome by his wit. Seemingly a character out of a book or movie that you meet in real life. Through pleasant conversations we've gotten to know some things about each other but there always remains a cloud of mystery surrounding the fellow.

This past week I had the pleasure of visiting with him about his "famous homemade ice-cream" which took him to a whole new level in my imagination. He listed off a rather large variety of flavors that he makes and asked what I would choose. Blueberry. The next day I arrived to work to find a special little package of blueberry ice-cream that just so happened to fall on my 30th Birthday. I could hardly wait to try this "world famous homemade ice-cream" and there was not a dream dashed as I spooned into this creamy, velvety, perfectly flavored blueberry ice-cream. This man has a talent, aside from his intriguing personality: it is making good ol' fashioned ice-cream. Perfection.



Wouldn't you care to try some?

No comments:

Post a Comment