Pages

Come Visit the new site!

The time has come for me to blend my photography with my love for blogging and create a place for families to come and hang out or get their very own family photo session.

www.rubyellenphotography.com

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Healthy Tastes so Good!

Pin It
I have been on a huge health kick as of lately and I have began to find amazing food combinations that are to die for! Today my lunch came in at only 369 calories! I have been in love with sauteed mushrooms for a long time now but always hate how many calories olive oil adds to the mix. Well, yesterday I finally bought an favorite of mine that I haven't bought in years, I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Cooking Spray! That stuff tastes so good with no calories! So, here is a delicious super low calorie and very filling lunch that is a great alternative to grilled cheese.
 
The ingredients:
Sara Lee Whole Grain White Bread: 2 Slices
Great Value Black bean and corn salsa (for dipping) 4 Tablespoons
Minced garlic- add to your liking
McCormick California Style Onion Powder 1 teaspoon
I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Spray
1/2 Avocado
1 Wedge of the Laughing cow light Queso Fresco and Chipotle
1 cup fresh mushrooms sliced

Start by turning on the griddle to 350 degrees.

While the griddle is heating up I slice the mushrooms and saute them with the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray, minced garlic and onion powder.

Cube 1/2 avocado.

Spread the wedge of laughing cow cheese on one side of the bread. Then spray the outside of the bread with the I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Spray.

Lay the piece of bread down with the "butter" side down then top with the avocado, mushrooms and lastly with the piece of bread that has the laughing cow cheese spread on it. 

Grill until light brown and bubbly.

Delicious!!!! And only 369 calories!

3 comments:

  1. It looks delicious! I've never thought to use Laughing Cow on a grilled cheese sandwich. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You have to try it! I thought of doing that because I wanted the cheese flavor for a third of the calories- thank God for Laughing Cow Cheese wedges! :)

    ReplyDelete