Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

pinTerEST Kitchen: Pizza Hummus

Pin It
Those of you who follow my blog know by now that I am obsessed with pizza and finding healthier ways of eating it. So when I found this pin from Chocolate Covered Katie's blog I just had to give it a try. Her version is vegan so it calls for nutritional yeast. I had never heard of it let alone had any in my cupboard so I did a little research online to see what I could substitute for it in this recipe. And found out it's basically a substitute for cheese in vegan recipes. My solution: Parmesan cheese. By the looks of it they are very similar in texture so it ended up being the perfect solution for me.

Pin: Pizza Hummus by Chocolate Covered Katie
My Test Kitchen Results:

My ingredient list:
1/2 cup Garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup Ragu spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry basil
1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt

Throw all the ingredients into a little food processor.


 And pulse until completely blended and smooth.
 Serve with garlic crackers for a delicious treat!
I have found dozens of great recipes over on Chocolate-Covered Katie's blog and continue to go back for more great ideas. I am not vegan so I tend to substitute certain ingredients in her recipes and they turn out delicious every time. It's really worth your time to check her fantastic blog out!

For now, enjoy your mid afternoon snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment