Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Coconut Cream Pie Protein Shake

Pin It

Need a pick me up? This day deserves one in my book.

Dream: I had my alarm set for 7:00 so I could get up and get a decent breakfast before I ran out the door to do 1 hour of cardio followed by a quick snack and a visit to the plasma donation center.

Reality:
I woke up at 7:53, nothing sounded good for breakfast and I almost cancelled my workout. Then after talking myself into a half hour workout on the treadmill it was off to the plasma center where my donation took twice as long as it usually does.

Back to bed? Not an option.

Make my day better? Have a protein shake. :)

I was craving coconut. My all-time favorite blizzard treat at DQ is one with coconut cream pie pieces in it. I think I created a semi-healthy copycat perfect for a mid-afternoon "mock-tini". I have also found that just serving yourself a sweet treat in a martini glass makes it feel twice as special. (Although this may need to be converted into a cocktail versus a shake someday.) hehe
Side note: I always keep a huge Ziploc bag of frozen banana slices in my freezer that are the main ingredient to most of my smoothies and shakes that I make. Just slice over-ripe banana's into 1/2 inch slices and flash-freeze on a cookie sheet. Then transfer to a freezer bag to enjoy anytime.

Coconut Cream Pie Protein Shake
I just grabbed my food processor and threw in:

1 cup frozen banana slices
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 scoop Jillian Michael's Vanilla Shake Protein Powder

Pulse until blended and out comes a delectable treat! Line the glass rim with agave nectar and dip into some extra coconut shreds that you also use to garnish the top.
Mmmmmm. Just like having a slice of coconut cream pie.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment