Pages

Come Visit the new site!

The time has come for me to blend my photography with my love for blogging and create a place for families to come and hang out or get their very own family photo session.

www.rubyellenphotography.com

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I heart Food Network!

Pin It
The obsession began years ago. I could spend countless hours just watching the Food Network and all the awesome shows they host. A couple of months back a Twitter friend of mine @lian8 suggested that I join in with a contest she was hosting on her Facebook page for a copy of Food Network Magazine's "1,000 Easy Recipes, Super Fun Food For Every Day" by simply submitting a meal that your family was eating today. I entered in one of my most pinned recipes from the post pinTerEST kitchen: Scalloped Corn and Carmelita's.

Side note: As you know I have been MIA for the past two months mostly due to helping my sister Bethany plan a beautiful wedding that she had last weekend. I had also toyed with the idea of not blogging until I lost 20 pounds. Although I have NOT lost even one pound I have been eating pretty healthy and have been going to the gym 5-6 days a week. I have muscles in my legs that I have NEVER seen before and a new found confidence in trying just about any type of workout including spinning. Holy cow that class kicks my butt every time!

OK, where was I at with this post? Oh yes, the AWESOME book that I won from the competition! I had totally forgot about the contest until one morning when I checked my email and found a lovely message asking for my address because I had won this cookbook. You HAVE to get a copy! This cook book is unlike any other cookbook I have ever had. I am very partial to my good old fashioned Betty Crocker cookbook that I consider my "kitchen Bible" but this may have taken it's spot on my counter. The recipes are in the simplest form possible. It's like a cross between Pinterest and Twitter hard bound into a cookbook. If you are looking for a gift this would be perfect for new moms or brides alike. And no, I am not being paid to say any of this, it's just that amazing. So thank you, thank you, thank you @lian8 for such a great gift!

Here is the real problem that will probably NOT help me on my journey to loosing 20 pounds. These amazing recipes that are almost all filled with things anyone has in their cupboard are just too easy to resist.

Sitting on the couch watching TV with the hubby and think that brownies sound good? No problem, just whip open your Food Network Magazine's 1,000 Easy Recipes and there to your amazement is the easiest and most delicious brownie recipe you have ever had.


Fudgy Brownies
from Food Network Magazine's 1,000 Easy Recipes

Melt 1 stick of butter with 2 cups chocolate chips. Whisk in 3/4 cup each light brown and granulated sugar. Whisk in 4 eggs, one at a time, then 1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in 1 cup flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour into a 9x13 inch pan lined with foil; bake at 325 degrees, 45 minutes.

Personal note: I would recommend greasing the foil because I had a hard time getting the brownies out. But I also pulled them out at 30 minutes because my oven tends to run hot and dry things out if I leave them in the suggested time. They were so gooey and delicious that they are hard to stop eating. And if you just so happen to have a tub of Pillsbury Cream Cheese frosting then you may want to consider giving them a generous coating of frosting as shown in the pictures. :)


And the perfect pair for these gooey brownies on a Sunday afternoon or a Friday movie night are these amazing Buffalo Chicken Nachos!


The layout of this cookbook is unlike any other in the way that it is super relaxed and easy to improvise on about any recipe. They give you basic instructions in each section then give you recipes to build off of.

In the Nachos & Potato Skins section of the cook book Food Network Magazine 1000 Easy Recipes they tell you to make nachos you should spread the chips out on a baking sheet (that I lined with tin foil) then add toppings. They then tell you to bake in the top third of your oven at 475 degrees for 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted. They turned out perfect!

They had a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Nachos that called for wing sauce, water, shredded chicken, ranch flavored tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, blue cheese and celery. I made my own version with what I had on hand and they were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G....

Buffalo Cream Cheese Nachos
adapted from Buffalo Chicken Nachos in the Food Network Magazine's 1000 Easy Recipes

Ingredients:
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
2 Cups cooked and shredded Rotisserie Chicken
1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Wings Buffalo Sauce
3 Tablespoons Water
1 Celery Stalk cubed
1 ounce Cream cheese brick
Ranch dressing
Shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
Shredded Mozzarella cheese

Bring 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Wings Buffalo sauce and 3 Tablespoons of water to a simmer on your cook top.

While the sauce is coming to a simmer cube 1 ounce of a cream cheese brick into 1/2 inch cubes. And dice one celery stalk into 1/4 inch cubes.

Once the sauce is simmering then stir in 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken (I used  rotisserie chicken that I had on hand in my freezer) and heat through.

Line a baking sheet with foil, spread out a layer of blue corn tortilla chips. Spread a layer of chicken. Then top with half of the cream cheese cubes, shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese and half of the celery pieces.

Then make another layer of chips and use the rest of the cream cheese and sprinkle more cheese on top. Bake at 475 degrees for 7 minutes.

Once done then top with a drizzle of ranch dressing, drizzle of Franks Red Hot Wings Buffalo Sauce and the rest of the celery cubes. You can't stop eating!

Happy Indulging!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you love the book. Those are yummylicious pix you just posted. I'm going to try that brownie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always glad to read amazing articles.Mulberry bags. Will be back for more for sure! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete