Pages

Come Visit the new site!

The time has come for me to blend my photography with my love for blogging and create a place for families to come and hang out or get their very own family photo session.

www.rubyellenphotography.com

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pass the Pancakes Please!!!

Pin It
I'm sorry, I promise I won't get too crazy on you all with pancake recipes but I think I've found my favorite form of egg whites for breakfast. I really don't mind eggs but they really aren't my favorite food. I have a major sweet tooth and it just has to be tamed within the first hour that I'm up or there tends to be trouble lurking on the horizon. So through many trials and tests in my kitchen I've come up with yet another delicious way to eat my protein packed breakfast.

Hearty Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes

1/2 cup Special K Protein Plus Cereal crushed finely to equal 1/4 cup crumbs (any bran cereal would work too)
1/4 cup Oat Flour
3 egg whites
1- 4oz jar of baby food applesauce or 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 truvia packet
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
dash salt

Stir all ingredients together until blended well. Then bake two 6 inch pancakes on a griddle at 350 degrees for a couple of minutes on each side or until brown and cooked through. Serve with a drizzle of sugar free syrup.

The cereal gave it a hearty dimension and the baby food gave them moisture. I really loved this recipe that I came up with and it would be delicious with pumpkin instead of applesauce too. The only problem is that you won't be able to keep your family away from your delicious breakfast! :)
Here's to another awesome pancake recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment